As temperatures start to warm up with the arrival of spring, it seems natural to want to put some time and effort into cleaning up after the winter months. Your business goes through distinct sales cycles throughout the year, where certain types of products are more popular than at other times. As you gear up for the warmer months, take time to spring clean your inventory to get the most out of this time of year. Your inventory software is a powerful tool to help you get organized, dispose of slow sellers, and manage your stock levels.
Are you interested in going directly to the inventory software solution that will get your inventory issues cleaned up, organized, and managed more efficiently? Contact us online or call (330) 645-9959 to arrange your personal consultation with a Scanco Solutions Expert today.
Issue: You Need to Get Organized and Lower Risk of Stock-outs
One of the reasons you carry the level of stock you do is that you want to avoid stock-outs when orders come in for popular items. Customers understandably become frustrated when they receive a message that an item they wish to order is not readily available. They may not want to wait until you can arrange to bring in more stock, even if it will only take a short time to replace your inventory.
Issue: You Need to Move Out Slow Sellers to Reduce Losses
The issue with stock held in inventory is it represents cash you’ve already spent that you have to wait to recoup. Despite your best predictions, there will be some items on your shelves or in your bins that don’t sell as well as you had hoped.
Issue: You Need to Manage your Stock Levels and Anticipate Demand
If demand for certain products varies depending on the time of year, you’ll want to have an accurate count of these types of items. You’ll also need accurate records of how much product was purchased during specific sales periods so you can use that data as part of your forward planning when placing orders.
Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100 Helps you Spring Clean your Inventory
Now that we’ve identified some common issues you may be encountering at this time of year, let’s talk about how Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100 can help you solve them.
- Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100 is flexible enough to track physical counts by item or by bin. Current inventory levels are available on a dashboard, and your team can perform item inquiries as needed. Once you know exactly what quantities you have on hand, risk of running out of stock is reduced.
- This inventory software will help you identify which items haven’t been selling well. Once you have a handle on this stock, you can make decisions about the best way to move them out:
- Promote them on a special sale or as clearance items;
- Offer them to staff at a discounted price; or
- Donate the items to a charity if there is little likelihood of recouping any funds from selling them.
- With Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100, you get the advantage of automated location tracking. You’ll know exactly where your inventory is situated within your warehouse, making it much easier and more convenient to keep a handle on managing current stock levels. With this powerful tool, which runs on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices, you and your team will be better prepared to respond to current and future customer demands.
Spring cleaning is just the start of what the right inventory software can do for your business. Would you like to discover what a Scanco Solutions Expert can offer you? Contact us online or call (330) 645-9959 now to book your personal consultation.